Skip to main content

Meet the Team



By Hannah Jackson.
Free Flow is run by a team of eight members, all passionate about ending period poverty and improving education surrounding menstrual health. As part of Enactus Sheffield’s international portfolio, Free Flow is a conscious project aimed towards implementing sustainable and respectful change as part of our global outreach in India. Keep reading to learn more about our current active members and what Free Flow means for us.





Eloise, Project Leader:
I’m Eloise and I’m a Business Management and Economics student at the University of Sheffield. I became project leader of Free Flow this April after working for Free Flow as the manufacturing director from October. I love working for Free Flow as I believe that no one should be ashamed of menstruating and everyone should have access to safe sanitary products. The short film ‘Period. End of Sentence’ really inspired me to do everything I could to make a change and really highlighted the issue of period poverty in India. I think it is a must-watch for everyone to truly understand the struggles that come with inaccessible menstrual products.  



Kate, Commercial Director: 
I’m Kate and I’m a second-year Politics and International Relations student at the University of Sheffield. I decided to join the Free Flow team because I believe that no one should ever have to face period poverty. I want to help spread needed awareness about menstrual health and help girls like ourselves get out of period poverty. The Instagram account @periodmovement helped me understand more about period poverty and is definitely an account to visit if you want to know more about the impacts of global period poverty. 



Jenna, Operations Director: 
I’m Jenna and I’m a second-year Economics student at the University of Sheffield. I joined Free Flow as there still exists a lack of knowledge and conversation about menstrual health and I want to help raise awareness about it. India is in need of help with reducing period poverty and I am excited to see how much of a difference our project can make!



Madhvi, Project Partnership: 
Hi, I’m Madhvi and I’m going into my final year studying Business Management. Within my role, I am the point of contact for the NGO Sharp, and so I work closely with planning and running our operations in India. From this, I have been able to see the scale of period poverty in India but also where our project fits in to make a change. 



Hannah, PR: 

I’m Hannah, a third-year English literature student. I joined Free Flow as I’m passionate about challenging period poverty and taboos around menstruation more generally. Because of the global nature of Free Flow’s work, the Instagram account @nowhitesaviours is essential reading for me by informing me how to go about our work sustainably.


Rhea, PR:
Hi! I'm Rhea and I'm a final year Sociology student and Free Flow's PR member, where I mainly create content for Instagram and Facebook. I decided to join Free Flow as I wanted to be a part of changing the views, taboos and thoughts on menstruation. A lot of girls around the world often feel so alone and isolated at the onset of their periods, not knowing about the changes that are taking place in their bodies and not being able to turn to anyone for guidance and support. It's important that we showcase the normality of menstruation, and show periods for what they are - just a natural process your body goes through!



Rajnandani, Education:
Hi! I’m Rajnandani and I’m going into the second year of my Business Management degree. As a member of Free Flow’s team, I work on the educational part of the project and design the workshops which are to be conducted in schools in India. I decided to join Free Flow because I have seen and experienced first-hand the taboos around menstruation in India. I want to help raise awareness about period poverty and help empower girls to be their own advocates about menstrual health! 



Mohamed, Finance:
Hi, my name is Mohamed. I’m a member of the finance team for Free Flow, with this being my second year in Enactus. I just finished the second year of my Economics degree and I’m really looking forward to being part of Free Flow this year, and with Enactus for another year.

Follow Free Flow on Instagram (@ourfreeflow), Facebook (Free Flow) and Twitter (@FreeFlowShef) for more updates and information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sea sponge tampons – are they safe?

  As we talk more and more about the importance of sustainability, reusable and natural period products gain on popularity, among them sea sponge tampons.  What are the sea sponge tampons?  Also called menstrual Sponges and Period Sponges, they work exactly like traditional tampons. They are worn inside the body to absorb menstrual flow. They are made from sea sponges, which are living organisms, that grow in the oceans. Depending on the flow, one sponge can be used for up to 8 hours.  How to use them?  Always sanitize a sea sponge tampon before the first use and wash your hands before inserting it. Put the tampon in warm often so it gets softer and then squeeze it to get rid of water. When the sponge is soft squish it and carefully insert it.  The sea sponge tampons are easy to put in for majority of menstruating people, but you can add a small drop of organic oil on a sponge to make the process even more comfortable.  How to clean and store sea ...

Transgender Awareness and Period Inclusivity

  Transgender Awareness week is celebrated between the 13 th   and 19 th   of November, culminating in the Transgender Day of Remembrance on the 20 th   of November. It is always a great time to shed light on the topic of period inclusivity, but it is especially so now. Period inclusivity is defined as ‘the recognition that while periods are a biological process, gender isn’t fixed and assigned at birth’. One of the issues that the transgender community faces is exclusionary language and attitudes when it comes to menstrual hygiene, even if this is unintentional.   It is important that we are able to separate gender identity from the strictly biological process of menstruation. Whatever gender an individual identifies as has no bearing on menstruation. The fact is that it is not only women who menstruate and not all women do menstruate. Transgender males, non-binary people, and ciswomen may also menstruate. Transgender women and nonbinary people may not menstrua...

FreeFlow Fast Facts - Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)

  What is it?   TSS is a rare but serious and life-threatening condition that is caused by toxins released by two specific bacteria  Streptococcus pyognes  or  Straphylococcus aureus , that enters the bloodstream. It often occurs from tampon and menstrual cup use.   What are the symptoms?   §    A fever above 39C §    Flu-like symptoms, such as muscle ache, chills, headache §    Widespread sunburn-like rash §    Low blood pressure §    Nausea and/or vomiting §    Dizziness  §    Confusion §    Diarrhoea §    Redness of eyes, lip and tongue §    Seizures §    Peeling of the skin on palms and soles of feet §    Decreased urine output §    Bruising   See a doctor immediately if you have symptoms, especially if you have recently used tampons or have a skin or wound infection.   What causes it?   As already me...