Skip to main content

Meet the Team



By Hannah Jackson.
Free Flow is run by a team of eight members, all passionate about ending period poverty and improving education surrounding menstrual health. As part of Enactus Sheffield’s international portfolio, Free Flow is a conscious project aimed towards implementing sustainable and respectful change as part of our global outreach in India. Keep reading to learn more about our current active members and what Free Flow means for us.





Eloise, Project Leader:
I’m Eloise and I’m a Business Management and Economics student at the University of Sheffield. I became project leader of Free Flow this April after working for Free Flow as the manufacturing director from October. I love working for Free Flow as I believe that no one should be ashamed of menstruating and everyone should have access to safe sanitary products. The short film ‘Period. End of Sentence’ really inspired me to do everything I could to make a change and really highlighted the issue of period poverty in India. I think it is a must-watch for everyone to truly understand the struggles that come with inaccessible menstrual products.  



Kate, Commercial Director: 
I’m Kate and I’m a second-year Politics and International Relations student at the University of Sheffield. I decided to join the Free Flow team because I believe that no one should ever have to face period poverty. I want to help spread needed awareness about menstrual health and help girls like ourselves get out of period poverty. The Instagram account @periodmovement helped me understand more about period poverty and is definitely an account to visit if you want to know more about the impacts of global period poverty. 



Jenna, Operations Director: 
I’m Jenna and I’m a second-year Economics student at the University of Sheffield. I joined Free Flow as there still exists a lack of knowledge and conversation about menstrual health and I want to help raise awareness about it. India is in need of help with reducing period poverty and I am excited to see how much of a difference our project can make!



Madhvi, Project Partnership: 
Hi, I’m Madhvi and I’m going into my final year studying Business Management. Within my role, I am the point of contact for the NGO Sharp, and so I work closely with planning and running our operations in India. From this, I have been able to see the scale of period poverty in India but also where our project fits in to make a change. 



Hannah, PR: 

I’m Hannah, a third-year English literature student. I joined Free Flow as I’m passionate about challenging period poverty and taboos around menstruation more generally. Because of the global nature of Free Flow’s work, the Instagram account @nowhitesaviours is essential reading for me by informing me how to go about our work sustainably.


Rhea, PR:
Hi! I'm Rhea and I'm a final year Sociology student and Free Flow's PR member, where I mainly create content for Instagram and Facebook. I decided to join Free Flow as I wanted to be a part of changing the views, taboos and thoughts on menstruation. A lot of girls around the world often feel so alone and isolated at the onset of their periods, not knowing about the changes that are taking place in their bodies and not being able to turn to anyone for guidance and support. It's important that we showcase the normality of menstruation, and show periods for what they are - just a natural process your body goes through!



Rajnandani, Education:
Hi! I’m Rajnandani and I’m going into the second year of my Business Management degree. As a member of Free Flow’s team, I work on the educational part of the project and design the workshops which are to be conducted in schools in India. I decided to join Free Flow because I have seen and experienced first-hand the taboos around menstruation in India. I want to help raise awareness about period poverty and help empower girls to be their own advocates about menstrual health! 



Mohamed, Finance:
Hi, my name is Mohamed. I’m a member of the finance team for Free Flow, with this being my second year in Enactus. I just finished the second year of my Economics degree and I’m really looking forward to being part of Free Flow this year, and with Enactus for another year.

Follow Free Flow on Instagram (@ourfreeflow), Facebook (Free Flow) and Twitter (@FreeFlowShef) for more updates and information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Flow Fast Facts: Period Poverty

By Hannah Jackson. Period poverty affects 1 in 10 menstruators in the UK, whilst only 12% of those who experience periods in India have access to safe menstrual products. There are a number of similarities contributing to the figures from the UK and India, such as cultural taboos and shame, high taxation on period products, and a lack of education surrounding menstruation. Period poverty is absolutely grounded in misogyny and economic patriarchy, under which the tampon tax allows for menstrual products to be taxed as a luxury whilst the so called ‘pink tax’ adds more tax to feminine marketed products such as razors. Although the UK has committed to scrapping the 5% tax on period products from 2021, with the economic fallout as a result of the pandemic many charities have reported a surge in people experiencing period poverty; Leeds based charity Freedom4Girls reported 15 times the usual amount of aid being requested since March , and predict this figure will continue to rise. Wi

Periods and the impact on girls education.

<a href='https://www.freepik.com/vectors/background'>Background vector created by pikisuperstar - www.freepik.com</a> This blog post is dedicated to the International Day of the Girl Child, which takes place every October 11. In addressing challenges faced by girls, an important one to overcome is unequal access to education for the girl child. To achieve a more inclusive educational environment, one of the barriers that needs to be tackled is periods - because menstruation should not be a barrier to education! To illuminate just how periods are currently affecting girls' education around the world, here are some statistics from MHDay ( menstrualhygieneday.org ) : In the United States, 1 out of 4 students have struggled to afford period products. In Pakistan, 3 out of 4 girls don't receive education about menstruation in school. In Bhutan, 1 in 3 girls miss school during menstruation because they're afraid others will make fun of them. In South Africa, 1

Sustainable period products to try

  Periods do not need to cost the environment. This blog post will guide you through the different types of sustainable products you can try. With the many options out there, you don’t have to settle for products that you don’t feel comfortable with. See what works for you!     Period Pants   First up we have period pants. They are, as the name indicates, pants you wear while on your period. Although they may look like normal underwear, they work to soak up the menstrual blood into the absorption layer and lock it away, keeping you dry and preventing any leakage onto your clothes. They are designed to replace pads and tampons so you would use them on their own and they may feel more comfortable. They are also perfectly hygienic and can be machine-washed on a delicate or gentle cycle.   Menstrual Cup   Menstrual cups are a very eco-friendly and safe alternative to tampons and pads. A menstrual cup is a soft, flexible cup usually made of medical grade silicone that you insert into your v